myForum Lasyk Networks Upload at Lasyk Networks
REGISTER NOW
FAQ
Go Back   myForum > Sony Ericsson > Tutorials & Mods

Old 06-25-2007   #661
jasimkhan
Lasyk Friend

can u please tell some link etc on how i can edit the theme files to work with the new flash effects i'll be uploading using your method.btw your method so far looks the most easiest n simplest i hope it works as i have already wasted credits and time using other methods.
jasimkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007   #662
mendilli
Lasyk Friend

jasimkhan.here is a link that shows how to edit thm files with sample pictures

http://myforum.lasyk.net/showthread....ew+flash+menus
mendilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007   #663
sugardad78
Lasyk Friend

This cannot be done already tried It before seeing this post
and even after seing this again nothing happened!
sugardad78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007   #664
mendilli
Lasyk Friend

sugardad78, are yo talking about my previous post.can you make it clear about what cannot be done
mendilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007   #665
danmangl
Lasyk Friend

A BIG thank you for the guys who put in all the effort!!

I got it working after 2 tries on a w850i with R1KG001!
danmangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007   #666
sugardad78
Lasyk Friend

mendilli I'm referring to my w880 which seems to have hard time
(the method described @ that post Is 100% correct)
I tried everything I could It seems that It cannot load menus...
when I replace the Deskop_style tag with the custom flash menu I have loaded to me phone
and then load the theme It simply reverts back to old school theme than on the custom

@W880i phones what Flash themes are built In by default?

My phone seems to have preinstalled
CityBeat
Musaic
gSharp
BTW it's just a plain SE W880i no Corp Customizations whatsoever (Vodafone, Tim, Orange, O2 etc)

Last edited by sugardad78; 06-26-2007 at 06:08 PM.
sugardad78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #667
fred7
Lasyk Friend

could someone explain to me this video , is like the iphone software in a W880i http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9RiIlS2OZw and with touch screen
fred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #668
fred7
Lasyk Friend

sorry I guess is a w900 anyway.
fred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007   #669
tan2097
Lasyk Friend

Got it to work on my UK w880i

Yooohooo!! I finally got it to work on my w880i, after much frustration and missing a whole nights sleep, the new menu's are lovely. My phone is a Vodafone branded UK phone. Major big thanks to eXoR and waldog. Their tutorials work 100%, although they could do with some refinements. If you guys are still having problems with flashing your phone, maybe i can write some details of exactly what i went through.

sugardad78: Various w800i's are preinstalled with varying flash menu's as i have Bubbles, Female Line, Walkman and Orbit as the default themes.

Last edited by tan2097; 06-29-2007 at 02:48 PM.
tan2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007   #670
electricdemon
Lasyk Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan2097 View Post
Yooohooo!! I finally got it to work on my w880i, after much frustration and missing a whole nights sleep, the new menu's are lovely. My phone is a Vodafone branded UK phone. Major big thanks to eXoR and waldog. Their tutorials work 100%, although they could do with some refinements. If you guys are still having problems with flashing your phone, maybe i can write some details of exactly what i went through.

sugardad78: Various w800i's are preinstalled with varying flash menu's as i have Bubbles, Female Line, Walkman and Orbit as the default themes.

If you could, that's be great. I've tried the new method a few times now, with no success at all.

Thanks in advance.
electricdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007   #671
tan2097
Lasyk Friend

Ok, first and foremost, this is basically a rehash of eXoR and waldogs tutorials, I have used segments and pictures from their work so all credit goes to them. Without them i wouldn't be able to do this. Because i've done this already, i can honestly say the procedures are very basic, this tutorial may seem long but i've tried to include as many descriptions as i can to avoid confusion of what to do next.

Just some basic back info, my phone is a w880i UK Vodafone branded, 4 default flash menu's already factory installed (Bubbles, Female Line, Walkman and Orbit).

Make sure you follow these instructions in the exact order.

Setting up the correct drivers

1. Uninstall your existing Sony Ericsson PC Suite to start a fresh install.
2. Goto http://www1.davinciteam.com/downloads?&page=2 and download the w880_usb_signed_drivers.zip
3. Unzip/UnRAR to your PC's desktop
4. Attach your phone to the USB cable (Windows will want to search for the drivers, navigate to and select the folder that you've just unzipped on the desktop.)
5. Re-install the Sony Ericsson PC Suite software
6. Detach phone from USB

To debrand

1. Goto http://davinciteam.com and buy 10 credits (in the ' debrand your phone! ' section), then download the service client, my version was v22.22
2. Download this to your desktop: default_upgrade_davinci_W_CID51_52.zip
3. Start up the service client and log-in, this is the screen you'll get:

(Ignore the DCU-60 and hold down "C" button dialog, the USB cable that came with my w880i is a DCU-65, the "C" button is for other models of SE)
4. Turn off w880i
5. Ignoring the "C" button, instead hold down the number "2" button on the phone and plug the USB cable into the phone (Service Client will then start to scan the phone)
6. Follow these screens:

7. Tick CDA and select the default_upgrade_davinci_W_CID51_52.zip file downloaded earlier (step 2).
8. Click "GO" and wait until it finishes
9. This is a copy of my completed flash log to show you what you should have:

10. Disconnect your w880i, turn it on, you should have a 'Please Wait' message. This confirms that your phone is now debranded & flashed.

To install the flash menu's & themes

1. Download this: XMLSourceGenerator.zip and unzip it to your desktop
2. Here are a collection of default flash themes and menu's: ---> Themes <--- download it and unzip to your desktop
3. Open the Themes folder you've just unzipped (Default S.E. themes with default flash menus) and open up the Other folder

4. Delete the default_upgrade file shown below

5. Start up the XMLSourceGenerator on your desktop

6. In the select operation you want to choose ' copy '. Then in the 2 boxes below that you will want to clear them out. Those settings are for the K series and will not work for the W series phones.
7. In the first box you want it to say tpa/user/other/ And in the second box you want it to say tpa/preset/system/desktop/flash/ Like below

8. Then after you got that all typed in you can hit the Select the files that will be copied to the phone button
9. In the Open browser box, navigate to the themes folder on your desktop (Default S.E. themes with default flash menus) and open up the Other folder. Select all the files in here and click Open, they'll appear in the Selected Files box

10. Click on the Generate XML source in xmlgenerator. At the bottom you will see the save file option for the xml file. Go ahead and save it to your desktop. Save it as default_upgrade.xml (This file is important)
11. Now attach your w880i to your USB cable, select Phone mode and start up the My Sony Ericsson W880 explorer (should be on your desktop)
12. Navigate to the folder shown below and delete the default_upgrade.xml. Replace this with the new default_upgrade.xml created earlier with the XMLSourceGenerator (step 10)
13. In the Themes folder on your desktop, open up the Other folder and copy everything in here to your phones Other folder, this is what it should look like now complete with the new default_upgrade.xml file:

14. Unplug and restart your phone, it should display the 'Please Wait' message. This will confirm that the menu's are loading and it's worked! On my phone this message stayed put for a good 10mins, and the time bar froze but don't worry, be patient until it finishes loading up.
15. Finally! Navigate to the Themes folder on your desktop (Default S.E. themes with default flash menus), inside open up the Themes folder and copy all these themes to your phone memory cards Theme folder:

Disconnect your phone and Voila! You should now be able to see the lovely lovely menu's when you change themes in your phones settings.

If you have any more problems then i'll try my best to help further clarify.

Last edited by tan2097; 06-29-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2007   #672
electricdemon
Lasyk Friend

Done all this before, the 'please wait' box shows after each power off/on. But after uploading the files (swf files and default_upgrade.xml) using myphoneexplorer to "/phone mem/other/", powering off, and back on.

Nothing happens, the 'please wait' box never shows up once.

I've even reset the settings, incase it's only ever invoked after a reset, and still nothing happens. The themes that should be flash enabled arent. The only ones that work are the ones that come bundled with the phone.
electricdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #673
jasimkhan
Lasyk Friend

mendilli

can you please give some link or put few more flash menu files here. as i was only able to find 14. i'll be using your method today i hope it works .
jasimkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #674
lithium3r
Silver Theme Creator
Lasyk Platinum Member

Feel free to check this thread

http://myforum.lasyk.net/showthread.php?t=31458
lithium3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007   #675
dave_hong2
Lasyk Friend

Davinci login info?

hey guys im trying to flash my w850i so i can use the flash menu's,
so i purchased 10 credits from the davinci site.. just curious how long did it take before they emailed you guys with the login info? im kinda stuck right now since theres nothing i can do.. i have yet to have recieved anything.. i emailed there support system just a automated email sent back.. still no word..??
help..
dave_hong2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007   #676
ToxicGTE
Team Member
Lasyk Gold Member

Check your "Junk Mail" box...
ToxicGTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007   #677
dave_hong2
Lasyk Friend

i did earlier.. nothing..
Old 07-01-2007   #678
tan2097
Lasyk Friend

dave_hong2: You should have received an email confirming payment to davinciteam from paypal and also another email from davinciteam confirming your account and credits. I got my emails from them instantly.
Old 07-01-2007   #679
dave_hong2
Lasyk Friend

alright i spoke to the support line and have recieved my credits. i have flashed my cid 52 phone (w850i) and i followed waldogs guide..
and its not working!! i am not getting the please wait when i boot up the phone.. and my menu is still the exact same as before i flashed it..
helpp!!
i was looking around about a cmz_config.xml do i need this to execute the default_upgrade.xml? what do i doo!
Old 07-02-2007   #680
Evo*
Lasyk Active Member

Walkman 2 Skin

Hacked my Walkman Skin. and made this 1.

Enjoy.

Evo

Last edited by Evo*; 07-02-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Evo* is offline   Reply With Quote